Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Books!

I picked up "The Iron King" by Julie Kagawa and I can tell you the first thing that attracted me to it was the cover. The cover is just beautiful! I love it! Once I turned it over, the plot captivated me as well. Megan Chase has a difficult life in a rural town, never feeling like she fit in anywhere. She has a friend named Robbie who she feels comfortable with and a little brother named Ethan, who confides in Megan about the man he sees in his closet. Her birthday goes horribly, her family is in danger, and she starts seeing some weird things. It's only after Robbie reveals the world of Faery that she begins to discover just how much her life is about to change. I am an adult person but I have to tell you I do enjoy these teen paranormals. There is a freshness to them, an adventurousness that I find lacking in some of the current books. It seems like the protagonist's world is wide open and anything could happen. And it feels full of hope. After I have read the book, I'll be back to give my full review. As Always, C

No comments:

Post a Comment